cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia hf r400

timmib
Apprentice

Greetings,

My wife has an hf r400.  I would like to get the clip off the camcorder and onto my computer (win xp sp3).  I thought to use the wifi cability but I use mac address filter and do not know where to find the mac address of the camcorder.  Then I thought to read the sd card directly; windows doesn't recognize it.  So before I start playing with software ....  Where do I find the mac address of the r400?  and  What is the format of the sd card?

TIA

Kim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello Timmib, 

When connecting the VIXIA HF R400 to a computer via an access point, the MAC address can be viewed after the connection has been established.  In most cases, its a matter of pressing the WPS button on your router and then touch the camcorders screen.  This is the easiest method to use if you are on a WPS network.  

The format employed for the media cards is exFAT.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Timmib, 

When connecting the VIXIA HF R400 to a computer via an access point, the MAC address can be viewed after the connection has been established.  In most cases, its a matter of pressing the WPS button on your router and then touch the camcorders screen.  This is the easiest method to use if you are on a WPS network.  

The format employed for the media cards is exFAT.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Greetings Tim,

Thanks for your answer!!

Be well,

Kim

Announcements