cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia 700 audio question

kellian1
Apprentice

Hi All,

I know that the Vixia 700 has one Mic input on the side. I've been trying to use 2 lapel microphones with that one jack. I've tried a Y splitter (one Mic is a lower volume than the other, no feedback issues though), and I've tried the an old Eurorack 802 that I had lying around (but I seem to be getting a buzzing feedback and again, one of the mics does not appear to be at the same volume level as the other). Both mics were tested individually alone with the camera and work fine when alone.

Is there any other solution to be able to attach (cheaply) 2 microphones into the one microphone slot? Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Kellian1,

Thanks for posting.

Your camcorder supports microphone input of -64dBV (with 600 Ω microphone) / 5 kΩ or more.

It sounds like your splitter is significantly changing the signal from the mics.  As a work-around, I recommend checking with the splitter's manufacturer or your local audio dealer for a suitable replacement.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements