cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange C100 Mark II video artifacts

Lexelan
Apprentice

My C100 Mark II has recently been acting up. Every so often for no descernable reason the viedo grlitches and then fades back to normal. This shows up on external monitors and the recording, and it doesn't seem to be affected by any certain settings, SD cards, or computers.

I suspect the sensor is damaged in some way, and I may now have to send it in for a costly repair, but nothing has touched the sensor, nor has the camera had any major drops or liquid damage etc.

I'm truly at a loss, never seen anything like it.

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Lexelan,

Its hard to tell from the YouTube video, but it looks like what you are seeing are compression artifacts. Does the video look this way on the camera's LCD when you play it back from the SD card?

Yeah the glitches appear on the camera's LCD, viefinder and can be seen on an external monitor over HDMI out, as well as when I play to footage back from the SD card on a computer.

Hi Lexelan,

That does seem like an unusual artifact.

If you haven't done so already, go ahead and back up everything on the card to your computer, then initialize it in camera (MENU - OTHER FUNCTIONS - INITIALIZE MEDIA).

Doing that not only erases all the clips on the card, but it also gets the card ready to be written by the camera. If multiple initialized cards continue to produce similar artifacts, then your camera might need service.

In that case, I suggest that you email us at cinemaeos@cits.canon.com with details about your camera, your date of purchase, and the state from where you are sending the camera, and we'll walk you through the repair process.

Announcements