cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share video for others to edit

awt1
Apprentice

I have videos on my Vixia's HF R50 sd card of my son's basketball games that I need to share with the rest of the team. They will need to be able to edit for their own use. I have iMovie but I'm not sure if all of them do. They may or may not have Macs. How do I do this?

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Awt1,

Thank you for posting.

If you're recording in the MP4 format, you're "already there". Many (if not most) media players are able to play MP4 files without difficulty.

If you've recorded your movies in AVCHD, you'll want to convert your movies to a more portable file like MP4 or MOV. iMovie may be able to do this for you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ok, so they are in MP4 format. So I guess that's good.

Sorry to sound dumb, but then would I just share the file, say with drop box, then they could open it and use whatever editing software they have? 

Drop Box may work well depending on the file size.  If everyone that wants to edit has a download connection then it should not be a problem.  Another option is Google Drive.

Announcements