cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF70 WiFi camera registration from Android

aknash
Apprentice

I have spent days on this problem

The Easy Connection Guide never recognizes that the Android Nexus 6 completes a wifi connection 

I purchased the camcorder explicitly with the expectation of being able to control it from the Android so this is really annoying

The wifi on the Android connects correctly to the RF70 access point - the camcorder shows that the phone has successfully connected based on the on its on screen message

no matter what combination I try I can never get passed the "Easy Connection" screen bellow 

I have reinstalled the Camera Access app multiple times

I have rebooted my phone multiple times

I have reset the camcorder to factory settings multiple times 

I have deleted the camera access point from the phone and reconnected to a  newly created camcorder access point multiple times

The Camera Access app shows the correct camcorder SSID for the wifi network and shows that the phone is conencted however the app always shows that the "Camera not connected" message  as can be seen in this screen shot 

there is no apparent way to manually configure a camera and the app never seems to trigger a completion event for the camera registration 

I have tried every combination of starting the wifi network first, the app first, configuring new version of the wifi access point at al 

this is an appalingly bad user experience 

Screenshot_20170527-170046.png

Screenshot_20170527-133401.png

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Aknash,

Thank you for posting.

To allow us to better assist you, please double-check the camera model that you're using.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

really?!?

camera model and s/n:

IMG_20170527_183456.jpg

app version and info:

Screenshot_20170527-183656.png

Hi Aknash,

Thanks for your reply.

Since you're using the VIXIA HF R70, I recommend using the CameraAccess Plus app, which was designed to work with the majority of our camcorders.  (The Camera Connect app only works with our VIXIA HF R80 and VIXIA HF R82 as well as most of our still image wi-fi compatible cameras.)

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Richard but the Android app store will not allow me to load CameraAccess plus as the current version is apparently not compatible with my phone - a little unusual to say the least given that the phone is only 2 years old, but it appears that it does not work on Android 7.0

The comments show a bunch of folks havinf the same problem as I am as well 

is there any indication when the current version of the Android operating system will be supported?

thanks for the help

Hi Aknash,

You're welcome.

No replacement for the CameraAccess Plus app has been announced, however we don't find out about new app versions until the date of release.

Announcements