cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing .MTS files into FCP 10

kennethcnelson
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon C-100 and am delighted with the results.  However, I need to know how to import the .MTS files into Final Cut Pro-10.  I have imported the files to one of my hard drives, but FCP-10 does not recognize them.  

4 REPLIES 4

monica66
Contributor

Hi,,   did you shot the video in 1080 60p? If so, it is difficult for you to import the videos to FCP for editing. You may need a MTS Converter, such as Brorsoft to transcode the videos for you first. Hope the information can be helpful to you.

I did shoot in the 1080 60p format.  It looks and founds fantastic.  I did download a converter program called Pavtube HD Video Converter.  It works beautifully and allows for import into FCP-10.  Thanks for your help.

Wow, dude, thx for your post, I have the same problem just like you ! And follow your suggestin, I download the Pavtube HD Video Converter too. And guess what? It worked just like a charm ! And now I am editing my raw video in my Fcp. Good job, thx bro!

Mykolas
Authority

Hi kennethcnelson!,

Final Cut Pro should support the MTS format.  In order to be recognized, the files must be within the identical folder/file structure on the camera.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements