cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 C Mic Settings Help

johnnymc
Contributor

Just got the R5C, and have my Rode Wireless GO II mic plugged in which works flawlessly with my R5. I made separate channels within the cinema menu, turned the internal mic all the way down. Channel 1 is clearly the RODE mic, but all my videos are still recording ONLY the internal mic. I have no idea how to fix this! Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wobbleman99
Rising Star

The latest firmware update—1.0.2.1—has fixed that problem, the internal mic can now be turned off.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Awesome! Thanks. Just applied the update - the only bummer was it reset the camera to factory defaults - so had to go through it and customize again lol

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Ron,

Just returned from vacation and see I am late to the game.  I should have figured you'd be all over 1.0.2.1.

Cheers!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, and it does indeed work as we'd requested, but the grayed out menu items have not come to life.

chrishoesel
Enthusiast

I am still unable to make any changes/disable tracks 3 & 4.  Is there a trick to this that I'm missing?  I think I tried pretty much everything.

Past Gear:
1DX, 1DXII, 1DIV, 7D, EF 2.8 Trinity, EF-500mm f/4L IS USM, EF 50mm f/1,2L II USM
Current Gear:
R5C, RP, RF15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF24-105mm f/4L IS USM, RF50mm f/1.2L USM, RF100mm f/2.8L IS Macro USM, 4x 600EX-II-RT Speedlites
Announcements