cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA50

Harley
Contributor

Hello all.I have a Canon XA50.On page 49 of the manual it lists the Focus Guide.I do not understand and seem to not be able to get the focus guide to work.Can you list the steps and explain how to get the Focus Guide to work and explain it in a way that I can better understand how to use it?Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Depending on what steps you are unsure of I'll be happy to explain in more detail, but there are a couple critical [parts of enabling the focus guide. First, the camera must be set to Manual Focus in order for the focus guide to appear once enabled, and then you will want to be sure the ring function (Focus/Zoom switch) is set to [Focus]. Next you should still see the focus area rectangle on your LCD screen which you can move by touching the part of the screen where you want it. Once the focus area rectangle is on your subject you can rotate the function ring to focus the lens and the focus guide will appear over your focus area rectangle. Your image is in focus when the triangles above the focus area rectangle converge at the top of the center of the focus area rectangle. Hope this helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements