cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tascam audio adapter for R5 C doesn't work with Audio Setup menu page

sfogel2
Contributor

#TeamCanon When I use the Tascam CA-XLR2d-C  with the Canon R5 C, the choices on the camera's Audio Setup menu page to set record levels and to select auto or manual leveling are all dimmed. Although I understand that levels are to be set with the dials on the CA-XLR2d-C, I would at least expect to see the level meters operating on that page's levels subpages. Without that, the only indication that I have that I've set levels correctly is the very small meter at the lower right of the main shooting screen on the camera. It's very difficult to set levels to -12db (or whatever your preference is) with those tiny meters. Can you please work with Tascam to get us larger and well-marked (with dB levels) meters for all channels? You could enable the CH1 Level, CH2 Level, etc. menu pages, but disable the up and down arrows on the screen to set levels. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Wobbleman99 (Ron) and I are talking about this (Audio, lens compatibility, power, FW, accessories, etc ) amongst other things in the thread I started.  Its about 6-7 pages now.  So you are in for a read.  He's got the R5C and Tascam accessory.  He noticed that channels 3~4 were dimmed immediately.  He's deleting these channels in post.  Still dimmed in the second FW release too.

I'm still waiting for the body to come into stock.  

Anyone Ordering The R5C? - Page 6 - Canon Community

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I called Canon Professional Services (CPS) about the Audio Setup page being dimmed in its entirety when the Tascam XLR adapter is in the hot shoe, and the fellow I spoke to, Bruce, had no answer. But he promised to take this up with engineering and call me back.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thats great and kind of you.  Its probably something that was overlooked during testing. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi sfogel2,

Did you ever get a response about this?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Not a peep. 

Announcements