cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Canon Camera Connect on iPhone 15 Pro Max connect via USB-C? EOS R5C

pedz
Enthusiast

I have an EOS R5 and an EOS R5C.  I'm considering changing my work flow.  What might be nice is to be able to connect my iPhone and my camera (the R5 in particular) via USB-C cable and upload the photos into Lightroom (mobil).  This may be a two step process of moving them to Files and then into Lightroom but a one step process would be better.

I know I could do it via Wi-Fi but I'm assuming doing it via USB-C would be faster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JFoss
Contributor

According to the manual r5 and the r5c do not support the usb to phone connections (the r6M2 does 😉

https://image.canon/st/en/ccc.html?region=1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Hmm,  this is interesting.  If it does work, It's going to be a two-step process.  I can test it in about an hour.  I know I can transfer images to the Canon Connect App wirelessly with my R5 C during shooting, so I'm sure this can be done on the R5 as well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I’ve tried automatically uploading images as I shoot but it just seems very flakey to me.  Do you a good solid connection?  All of the Wi-Fi stuff seems pretty shaky to me.

JFoss
Contributor

not 100% sure on this but I think canon's usb tethered option for usb to phone is their $.95/mo ftp app/service.  following as I would love an easier solution than pulling out card readers and laptops.

JFoss
Contributor

not 100% sure on this but I think canon's usb tethered option for usb to phone is their 4.95/mo ftp app/service.  following as I would love an easier solution than pulling out card readers and laptops.

JFoss
Contributor

According to the manual r5 and the r5c do not support the usb to phone connections (the r6M2 does 😉

https://image.canon/st/en/ccc.html?region=1

Announcements