cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Recommendation - Netflix-Grade Gear Needed for Documentary

stephenjames
Apprentice

Good day, 

I work for a ministry based in the US and we do events all around the globe. As the Creative Director, I am responsible for capturing videos and documenting each event. Up to now, I have been shooting on a small mirrorless camera with a few basic accessories attached to it. It has been really convenient for travel, but we need to upgrade for better quality. 

We are also starting preproduction on a documentary film that will need to meet Netflix requirements and hold its ground for theatre release. 

I am looking for a recommendation for what Camera would serve that purpose best - at the moment I am looking at the C70, C5R and others. 

In summary, I need something portable but high quality for a run and gun style of work.

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Assuming you don’t need to capture photos? If not, the EOS C70 is really good. One huge advantage over the R5C is it’s built in ND filters (2, 4 and 6 stop with extended 8 and 10 stop capability).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you! 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

All of Canon's "Netflix approved" offering are listed here:

shadowsports_0-1684459677059.png

Cameras & Image Capture: Requirements and Best Practices – Netflix | Partner Help Center (netflixstu...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements