cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

registering paper types with Canon Print Studio Pro

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

I have downloaded some profiles from hahnemuhle that have custom paper types, and you can install them both on the printer and in the software using an am1x file. This is great, but then I went to install those paper types and made presets on other computers, and the media configuration tool only has the option to reinstall those media types on the printer again. Do I really have to reinstall the pritner itself for each computer?

I'm also waiting for a replacement printer. Will I have to reregister all these all over again? It seems they're tied to a specific MAC address. 

Is there a way to copy preferences files for the Canon Print Studio Pro from one machine to another. If so, where are those files on the MAC Mohave and what are their names? 

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry about that, I'm using a Canon Pro-1000. Thanks

Perhaps this is something a Canon moderatior can help with, or should I call tech support?

If you need immediate help, our US-based support team is available weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  We look forward to your call!

I'll call, but if someone could provide an answer here then I wouldn't have to call, and the information would be available to eveyone. But OK, I'll call.

It would be really nice if someone from Canon could answer this here. What is he point of a community forum if you insist that I call for an answer, and then nobody else in the community can benefit from that answer? 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements