cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Prograf-300" Dull and not sharp

vox11
Apprentice

ED496AAF-5A7A-47D4-A34D-44349E8F24D4.jpeg

Total newbie to this printer so bear with me. I got my prograf-300 today and my first print was so disappointing. It’s super dull and not sharp at all. My cheap printer does a better job at the moment. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? 

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, vox11!

The imagePROGRAF series has three different models that use the number 300 in their name, specifically the imagePROGRAF PRO-300, the imagePROGRAF TM-300, and the imagePROGRAF GP-300.  So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  That, and any other details you'd like to give, such as what kind of paper you're using, will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Additional information will be needed to help troubleshoot:

• What paper are you using?
  • What software are you using on your Mac to print from?
  • What are the details for your color management? e.g. What is the color space of the source material?  Did you set up profiles for your printer and paper?
--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

robnich
Enthusiast

Please don't be offended by the question, but are you sure you are printing on the correct side of the paper?

Yea it’s just some standard computer paper. The test sheet colours came out fine on the same paper, and it prints much better on card. But for some reason paper comes out dreadful, almost like there’s too much ink for the paper as well 

Your results will be far better if you use a photo paper such as Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster or Photo Paper Pro Platinum, among many others available.

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

A couple of things here. You could be printing on the wrong side of the paper. It also looks like this may be plain paper that was meant for a laser printer and not coated paper for an inkjet printer. 

Announcements