cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing color w/o R,G, PM and PC ink

DSG
Apprentice

I have a Pro9000 Mark II.

Is it possible to print in color without using the green, red, photo magenta or photo cyan inks?

ie: I want to use only C, M, Y and BK

I want to print medium quality color without using these expensive inks. In the time I've owned this printer the cartridges have gone from $11 to $19.

-Don

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi DSG,

I'm afraid that individual ink cartridges cannot be isolated on this model.  I regret any inconvenience.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Those colors are what gives the printer the ability to print high quality photographic images.

If all you want is simple 4 color images you could buy a 4 ink printer for low dollars.

Did you look into 3rd party inks?

I don't use the because I strive for highest quality in my prints (using the Pro-100, the succesor to your printer) but if you are willing to sacrifice quality and print longevity they can save you money.

PS - the red an green inks last a very long time, but yes PC and PM go fast.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'd like to print high quality color AND low quality color on this printer and save on using the R,G,PM and PC ink. I have many needs for low quality color in addition to high quality.

Software to make this happen would be worth some money,

Don

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements