cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print studio pro doesn't recognise printer

ndyster
Apprentice

Hi,

I've just set up my new prograf 300 printer which works OK and I've printed a test photo through photoshop.

I tried installing the print studio pro plugin and succeeded eventually!

It opens from the automate menu in photoshop but only with the message :

"a printer supported by this software is not found. Connect a printer supported by this software , and then install its driver. Exiting print studio pro."

It doesn't give you any option to search for the printer, what do I do ??

I'm running the latest photoshop on windows 10.

Also, is it worth the effort? Does it do anything I can't already do with photoshop and lightroom ?

thanks, Neale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

The Canon support site doesn't list PSP as a downloadable software for that printer.

Try downloading Professional Print & Layout.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

The Canon support site doesn't list PSP as a downloadable software for that printer.

Try downloading Professional Print & Layout.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

arcejlus
Apprentice

If you receive the error when attempting to use Print Studio Pro with your printer: This may be due to using an Airprint driver for your printer instead of the standard CUPS driver.
To see what driver is being used, go to System Preferences and Print & Scan/ Printers & Scanners. Click on the listing for your PRO-1000 printer. You can also click on Options & Supplies... to verify the driver version number.

ndyster
Apprentice
Thanks for replies. John was correct and I’ve downloaded and installed Professional Print & Layout.
Thanks again.
Announcements