cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipf 6400 "in an error state"

mstratil
Enthusiast

When I try to print, my ipf 6400 gives me the message "Printer is in an error state" after I have sent a print job to it. But it gives me no further information, and I can't figure out what to do.

I have tried turning the printer off/on, but that does not help.

Can someone help?

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi mstratil,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support for further assistance.  There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mstratil
Enthusiast

1. In the error log it shows 03060A00 2E1B. But I cannot find this listed in the manual. Does anyone know what it refers to?

2. When I try to print to the printer, I get the message "Cannot acquire status." Apparently there is no operational connection to the printer. I have tried different USB cables and tried an ethernet connection but that has not changed the response.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have done further testing to see if the problem is specific to the desktop I'm using. So I tried to install the printer (with the latest driver) on my laptop, again connecting through a USB cable.

The laptop could never find the printer at all!

Does this suggest that the port on my printer is defective?

What further diagnostic tests can I do?

Mike

Hi mstratil,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support for further assistance.  There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,

Thanks for this suggestion. I will do it tomorrow.

Mike

Donald at Canon was able to solve the problem. My printer had lost its ip address.

Mike

I was going to suggest something like the networking was not allowing the PCs to find the printer on the network. Glad you got it fixed.
Debra
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements