cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 7402 Error

csenehi
Apprentice

Hi,

I've been in trouble with my printer for months. The issue is not pemanent, I can print a few A2 poster and suddenly it stops with the error code 7402.

After some time and some swith-on/swith-off, the printer works again without any issues.

I have contacted the support locally, they have no solution other that sendint the unit for a repair wich cost more than a new device...

Anyone experiencing the same issue ? Any solution ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Christophe

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please create a Canon Account and contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Michael for your answer. I just paid 20$ to get a phone supprt.

I've just contacted the phone supprt and it's seems there is nothing to do with this error code 7402. 

I would be happy to narrow down the cause of the issue. Anything you can do to help me ?

robnich
Enthusiast

All sources I found indicate that if error 7402 is not resolved by turning off, unplugging, plugging back in and restarting the printer, then a repair is needed.The cost of a new Pro-1000 @ B&H is $1299.00. Why do you believe a repair would cost more than that?

Robert N.

csenehi
Apprentice
They announced me a repair cost of 1000$
if I buy a new device, I loose 700$ of inks ...

Oh my, that is too bad. I am truly sorry to hear that. Perhaps an independent repair shop in your area can offer a better price -- have you looked into that possibility?

Robert N.

Announcements