cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'filter' failed error Pro-10 and Monterey

johncornicecllo
Contributor

I have driver 16.41.0.0a installed in Mac Monterey 12.0.1 and get a 'filter' failed error message when trying to print from Lightoom Classic (11.0) or Photoshop (23.0.0)

I can print a test page from the Printers panel of System Preferences and I also have a Pixma 7520 that is workin fine. I have removed the Canon folder and reinstalled the driver with the same result.

Thanks!
John

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This can sometimes be resolved by removing the printer in the Printers & Scanners preference section and re-adding the printer. Be sure to wait till the IJ Series version appears. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have removed and re-added and have also reset the printing system. Not sure what you mean by waiting for the IJ Series version.

Thanks!
John

When you click the "+" icon to add a printer usually the first one that appears is the AirPrint driver. It can take a few minutes for  the Canon IJ Series driver to appear. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I had not tried before, but I CAN print from other applications (Evernote, Safari). The problem is with Photoshop and Lightroom. I can export from Lightroom to a JPG, open that in Preview and print from there.

5DA6494D-90BB-45F8-B30E-420A3A285C7C.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

On a suggestion from Adobe, I held down the SpaceBar while selecting Print from the Photoshop File menu to reset Photoshop's print options and now I can print from Photoshop without the error. Still getting the error in Lightroom, so will take this up with Adobe.

John

You could also check over at TheLighroomQueen

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements