cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find canon paper icc files in PhoShop Printer Profile dropdown (Pixma Pro100 / iMac / Big Sur)

blueridge
Apprentice

Hello ---

I'm not real adept using the computer or printer technology.

I've downloaded latest printer driver from CanonUS website for my Pixma Pro 100 on my iMac using Big Sur (11.2.2).

canon driver download successful.png

I don't know where the icc files end up on my compter after download from the dmg --- NOT FOUND  in HD>Library>ColorSync>Profiles). Additionally, the icc files for canon papers do not show in Photoshop's Printer Profile dropdown, either when PhotoShop or the printer manages color. (I was able to download and select 3rd party Canson papers, as illustrated:

PhotoShop printer profile dropdown.png

What am I doing wrong--I want to be able to select the Canon Matte, Glossy, Luster, and Semi Glossy papers the PhotoShop Printer profile dropdown menu

Thanks in advance for assistance and advice

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

When you added the printer in System preferences->Printers & Scanners do you have the AirPrint version by chance? That is sometimes the reason for not seeing the canon profiles.

BTW, on a Mac the Canon profiles are not in the ColorSync folder.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you jrhoffman for the response. The printer is not AirPrint.

Where would the Canon profiles be found once downloaded onto my imac?

1. When I attempt to install the latest printer driver for pro100, I see a dmg file in my downloads from the canon website.

2. Then I open the .dmg I get this installer, which successfully installs the printer driver and, I understand, also installs the canon paper profiles.

But the selections for canon papers do not show up in the "Printer Profile" dropdown in the print panel of Photoshop.

If you or anybody has further suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks again

dmg canon profiles.png

printerdriver pixma 100.pngsuccessful installaton.png

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What you did is install the driver. You also need to add the printer in System Info->Printers & Scanners. What, if anything, do you see there?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Got it !!!   I had to mess aroud a bit re-adding the printer in the System Info>Printers&Scanners, but I now see the canon papers in the PS printer profile dropdown. Thanks very much for your help. Greatly appreciated.

ARH1
Apprentice

I also have this problem.  I am running MAC OS Big Sur 11.2.3 and now my PIXMA Pro-100 seems to have lost the icc files.  I went to the Canon website and downloaded the Big Sur print driver (PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.50.0.0 (Mac)).  The file downloads okay, but when loading I get an INSTALLATION FAILURE.  

I have plenty of Canon generated icc profiles for every paper brand BUT Canon.  I'm right in the middle of a project without the ability to print on Canon paper.  Thank goodness I have some Red River paper on-hand.  I can print with the AIRPORT setting, but no ICC Canon profiles.  It will no let me print with the USB setting.

After being a Canon customer for over 3 decades, I'm begining to think I need to move onto another brand.  I cannot even purchase ink from Canon (their answer is COVID and we don't know when we'll have it in stock; same with a lot of their papers).

Sorry for my rambling, but I'm sure you can tell I am FRUSTRATED WITH CANON.  

Welcome to the forum. 

Many folks here, including myself, successfully print on the Pro-100 using macOS Big Sur. 

Sounds like the printer driver file on your Mac may have gotten damaged.

Try completely uninstalling the driver by following instructions here:

Uninstalling the Printer Driver (hk.canon)

Have you tried Amazon for ink? I just ordered from them two weeks ago.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks -- Ordered ink from B&H using the PayBoo card: No sales tax or shipping fee.

Still cannot get the print driver to install even when I completely uninstalled it. I can add the AirPrint printer only; not the USB. Still no icc profiles. arghhhh!

See u r from North Conway. I have cousins in the Jackson-North Conway area.
Announcements