cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am1x files and paper registration on Prograf 300

TkL55
Contributor

Folks,

I've downloaded several am1x files for Hahnemuhle papers and loaded them into the printer and computer with the Media Configuration Tool.  I'm a bit confused about selecting (registering?) the paper at the printer (to get the proper head height and such). There are two different displays on the printer with media lists and they do not agree:

1. The home panel printer display Size/ Media entry (just below the display of ink levels) supports media types: Plain paper, Plus Glossy II A, Pro Platinum, Pro Luster, Plus Semi-Gloss, Matte, Prog Crystal Grade, Light Photo Paper, Heavy Art Paper, Canvas, Japanese Paper, Hagaki A, Ink Jet Hagaki, Hagaki, IJ Greeting Card, and Card Stock. 

It does NOT list the new papers corresponding to the am1x files I loaded into the printer.

2. Home Screen > Various Settings > Printer Settings > Paper-Related Settings > Advanced Paper Settings lists media types: Plain Paper, Plus Glossy IIA, Pro Platinum, Pro Luster, Plus Semii-gloss, HFA FA BARYTA SATIN, HFA BARYTA FB (these two are the Hahnemuhle papers I loaded using the Media Config Tool), Baryta Photo Paper, Matte, Pro Crystal Grade, Light Photo Paper, Heavy Photo Paper, Fine Art Smooth, Fine Art Rough, ProPremiumMatteA, Heavy Art Paper, EX Hvy Art Paper, High Density Art, Canvas, Japanese Paper, Hagaki A, Ink Jet Hagaki, Hagaki, IJ Greeting Card, Card Stock.

Can someone explain the different function of the two different paper setting menus?  If I want to use the Hahnemuhle Baryta FB, it's clear I can select that using method 2.  But what should I set the method 1 menu to?  And if I switch back to, for example, Pro Luster for proofing, do I have to select that using method 2, or need I merely re-register it using method 1?

If anyone can refer me to online description of these two function, that would be great.  I didn't find it in the online user guides anywhere.  (I am using a Windows 10 machine, but the question pertains to settings at the printer.)

Thanks!

Todd

3 REPLIES 3

TkL55
Contributor

Folks,

I posted the messge below about a week ago.  It's an obscure topic, so the lack of response from the forum doesn't surprise me.  (Maybe I need more patience.)  Hence I'm wondering how to get Canon tech support on the issue.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Todd

---

Folks,

I've downloaded several am1x files for Hahnemuhle papers and loaded them into the printer and computer with the Media Configuration Tool. I'm a bit confused about selecting (registering?) the paper at the printer (to get the proper head height and such). There are two different displays on the printer with media lists and they do not agree:

1. The home panel printer display Size/ Media entry (just below the display of ink levels) supports media types: Plain paper, Plus Glossy II A, Pro Platinum, Pro Luster, Plus Semi-Gloss, Matte, Prog Crystal Grade, Light Photo Paper, Heavy Art Paper, Canvas, Japanese Paper, Hagaki A, Ink Jet Hagaki, Hagaki, IJ Greeting Card, and Card Stock.

It does NOT list the new papers corresponding to the am1x files I loaded into the printer.

2. Home Screen > Various Settings > Printer Settings > Paper-Related Settings > Advanced Paper Settings lists media types: Plain Paper, Plus Glossy IIA, Pro Platinum, Pro Luster, Plus Semii-gloss, HFA FA BARYTA SATIN, HFA BARYTA FB (these two are the Hahnemuhle papers I loaded using the Media Config Tool), Baryta Photo Paper, Matte, Pro Crystal Grade, Light Photo Paper, Heavy Photo Paper, Fine Art Smooth, Fine Art Rough, ProPremiumMatteA, Heavy Art Paper, EX Hvy Art Paper, High Density Art, Canvas, Japanese Paper, Hagaki A, Ink Jet Hagaki, Hagaki, IJ Greeting Card, Card Stock.

Can someone explain the different function of the two different paper setting menus? If I want to use the Hahnemuhle Baryta FB, it's clear I can select that using method 2. But what should I set the method 1 menu to? And if I switch back to, for example, Pro Luster for proofing, do I have to select that using method 2, or need I merely re-register it using method 1?

If anyone can refer me to online description of these two function, that would be great. I didn't find it in the online user guides anywhere. (I am using a Windows 10 machine, but the question pertains to settings at the printer.)

Thanks!

Todd

Hi, Todd!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

stephenrauch
Apprentice

Todd - Have you figured this out?  I am having the same issue and can figure out how to select the media type from the Menu 1 that corresponds to Menu 2 (which as the installed am1x).  Thanks and much appreciated if you figured this out.

Announcements