cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With a Pixma Pro-100 are the printer drivers for Canon Photo Paper Glossy Gold the same as Glossy ll

jrl46
Contributor

I'm using a PRO-100 printer with Mac Big Sur. When I print with Canon Photo Paper Glossy ll there are no print drivers shown for that paper - only for Photo Paper Glossy Gold. Are they interchangeable?

16 REPLIES 16

These are the screen when I hit the "print" tab:The lower image is shown first, the top image is shown after selecting "More Options", "Color Management".Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 11.47.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-23 at 11.46.42 AM.png

Here is the code to ICC profile names and paper names:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART153168

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What software is displaying this list?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'm using the Canon drivers, PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.50.0.0 (Mac). The above list of ICC profiles is shown to me when I try to print from Photoshop Elements 2021, when I select PSE to manage colors. When I print from Mac "Photos" I'm shown a different set of profiles available, which lists Photo Paper Plus Glossy ll but not Photo Plus Glossy Gold.

limvo05
Rising Star

I have this same problem. After upgraded the mac to Big Sur, Lightroom is not showing the paper options. What version of the printer driver are you using and where did you get the driver software from? I got mine directly from Canon site.

Thanks,

LV

Got the drivers from Canon website. Using PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.50.0.0 (Mac) drivers and printing from Photoshop Elements 2021. Also since upgrading to Big Sur I can no longer use the Canon Print Studio Pro plug in for PSE2021. When I try to use Print Studio Pro in PSE it locks up the program. Apparently, according to others on this web site, this is a documented problem that isn't unique to me.

Announcements