cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find and download Canon paper icc profiles?

Will55
Contributor

I have searched on the Canon site and on search engines to no avail. Can anyone post a link for downloading icc profiles to the Canon photographic papers (Pro Luster, Matt, Semi gloss, Pro platnum) I would like to install these profiles in the Photo editing appliction, Affinity for softproofing to a specific paper. Thanks.

54 REPLIES 54

@minieng wrote:

Thanks But I'm sorry I didn't make my self clear. I know HOW to load, find and use icc profiles. What I can't find is all the canon profiles online for download.

They answered that question -  under the screenshot.

I have the Canon Pixma Pro 100. When I upgraded from OS from Catalina to OS Big Sur the Canon paper profiles disappeared. They are not in the Color Sync folder anymore and do not appear in Lightroom or Photoshop. I have reinstalled the printer driver but that did not install the paper profiles. My printer driver is 16.50.0.0

Besides downloading and installing the driver, did you add the printer in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners?

You need to add the IJ Series version of the printer, not the AirPrint version.

Printers & Scanners 2021-11-11 19-39-43.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The printer in System Preferences was already there from when Iwas running OS Catalina.  Should I uninstall the printer and reinstall the printer?

The printer is sort of operating.  Just not using the printer profiles.

I suggest you try that.

I have sometimes found that a macOS update messes up the printer system.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I fixed my problem by  uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer in system preferences.  I also changed the permissions in the ColorSync directory to read/write for all users and then reinstalled the printer driver.  I'm not sure if changing the permissions was helpful but it all works now.

ICC Profiles for Canon / ProGRAF papers should install with the printer driver.  

Standard supports 8Bit

XPS supports 16 bit (requires the standard driver)

Profiles for 3rd part papers are usually available on the manufacturers website:

shadowsports_0-1642738930212.png

Download Center: Hahnemühle FineArt (hahnemuehle.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

pablorf
Apprentice

I've tried everything thats on here,
installed / uninstalled
I DID NOT choose the the airprint.... I put the other one. and the icc profiles are still not there. It's probably the 3rd-4th time that they dissapear. Why dont you just give the ICC profile like every single other third party???? 

Now I'm stuck without being able to print properly.... can someone send me there icc profiles? 

What operating system and what software?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Big Sur
photoshop

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements