cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Print Studio Pro and a Pro 10, I am getting a black band down one side of the print. ideas?

Straubted
Contributor

I have a new Pro 10, and have some problems printing.  When I print, I get a black band about .5 inches wide down one side, the entire length of the print.  This seemed to start when I specified using "other fine art paper 1", and it forced me to change the paper size.  I am also having trouble making the print fit the paper now.  When I use normal paper, and letter size, I don't have the problems.

any help will be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I am using a Mac, operating system OS X 10.11.3.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you are getting caught up in the mandatory 30mm margin the printer requires on Fine Art paper.

What image software are you using? Can you post a screen image of the settings you are using in PSP?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Jr, thanks for replying.  I am using Lightroom 6.  It is somewhat difficult determining what Lightroom is controlling, and what Print Studio Pro is controlling.

i will try to figure out how to post my settings for you(not sure how).

If you are using PSP it controls and bypasses Lightroom. You don't need to make any settings in LR, but you do need to make all the correct selections in PSP.

Go here for printed manual:

https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/Canon+Pro-100+Manuals/_c622e2424b9244eea30c563900b12aa4

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you, Sir.

Still trying to correct this problem.  I am wondering why I don't see "Fit to paper size" in my layout section (PSP), as it shows in the manual.  Does anyone else have this issue.  I am having a hard time getting my photo to fit the print area.

I'm just going to throw out ideas since I can't see what your seeing.

Did you click the little triangle on the right side of the Layout panel?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

JR,

I have tried to copy my screen to this page, but no luck.  To answer your question, yes, I have been all through the Layout section, but "Fit to paper size" is not an option.  Looking at your screen shots, there are other differences in the layout of the information.  I am beginning to wonder if I have an outdated copy of PSP.  This is pretty frustrating!

I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

TS

Announcements