cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to macOS 13 (Ventura) can no longer do borderless printing on PRO-100

djc6
Apprentice

I have a PRO-100 and upgraded my macbook pro to macOS 13 (Ventura) can no longer do borderless printing.  I see in the print dialog box where the border is set to none, but the preview still shows a border and it prints with a border.

Some people suggest a custom paper size where the borders are set to zero, but this workaround didn't help.  I had no problems with borderless printing under macOS 12 (Monterey).

I tried re-installing print drivers from Canon's website and re-creating the printer by deleting it, rebooting, adding it, reboot.    Its never clear to me if I'm using Canon's driver or the built in driver.  I think I'm using Canon's driver since it shows a nice graphic for ink levels and includes a link to the printer diagnostic webpage, but not 100% sure.

Any tips how to get borderless printing back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

djc6
Apprentice

I think I figured it out - the new UI for printer settings is awful.  When you select a paper size like 4x6 or 8.5x11 you can open a submenu that then gives you two options - normal 4x6 or 4x6 borderless.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

djc6
Apprentice

I think I figured it out - the new UI for printer settings is awful.  When you select a paper size like 4x6 or 8.5x11 you can open a submenu that then gives you two options - normal 4x6 or 4x6 borderless.

Announcements