cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Canon Pro 9000 Mark II to run on Catalina

swg1619
Enthusiast

Hi!  I would like to know if there are updated drivers for the Canon Pro 9000 Mark II to run on the Mac OS Catalina?  If not, can  we be expecting one soon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

swg1619
Enthusiast
Maybe a little late with this response but nevertheless, I have printed and everything was perfect. Had to use Canon paper because I couldn't add Red River profile but it came out perfectly.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Unfortunately the answer is No to both your questions.

If you are in the US you could call Canon and ask about their loyalty program that provides a discount for new device to the owners of deviices that are no longer supported.

I don't know what the special pricing is. The Pro-100 frequenty goes on a special rebate sale where the printer nets out at around $120 or so.

There is a poster on the forum who claims that the Apple driver will allow the Pro-9000 to operate with Catalina with all the printer features, but when asked to post a screen shot that shows that there was no followup.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

swg1619
Enthusiast
Actually, I found out late last night that you can run it directly through the Mac using Preferences and then Printers. All utilities are there when you attach the USB. I wasn't aware of this but I tested it and all utilities seem to function and it seems that access through Luminar is there.

swg1619
Enthusiast
Just read your entire response. I'll be happy to post a screenshot as soon as I can get back to my computer. But as long as you're attached with USB then go to Preferences and then Printers, you'll see it

@swg1619 wrote:
Just read your entire response. I'll be happy to post a screenshot as soon as I can get back to my computer. But as long as you're attached with USB then go to Preferences and then Printers, you'll see it

That would be great and would help others. Are you sure its not the AirPrint/Bonjour driver?

Can you also post screenshot of the Media selection part where it shows the Canon papers and associated ICC paper profiles?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I don't see a link or a way to post a photo or screen shot. But, just hook up your Canon Pro 9000 Mark II, or whichever model you have, turn it on, go to Preferences/Printers and your printer will be there, along with all the utilities. If you can tell me how to post a photo/screenshot, let me know

command-shift-5 will enable screenshot on Mac.

Here is mine:

Screenshot 2020-01-20 10.00.32.png

I don't kave a Pro9000 any more; I have a Pro-100 which has a Catalina driver.

Can you reach the settings I am showing above?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Can you tell me how to then post that screenshot here?  After capturing it

Click on the icon that looks like a picture. Choose screenshot from your desktop.

Annotation 2020-01-20 101509.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 10.11.36 AM.png

Announcements