cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Canon Pro 9000 Mark II to run on Catalina

swg1619
Enthusiast

Hi!  I would like to know if there are updated drivers for the Canon Pro 9000 Mark II to run on the Mac OS Catalina?  If not, can  we be expecting one soon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

swg1619
Enthusiast
Maybe a little late with this response but nevertheless, I have printed and everything was perfect. Had to use Canon paper because I couldn't add Red River profile but it came out perfectly.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

Were you able to make prints? I had a similar experience up to this point - printer shows up and I can send data to it, however the colors are very far off. I'm currently printing with an older laptop that I haven't updated. Would love to hear your experience and if you were able to get good color. 

swg1619
Enthusiast
I received your private message. Did you receive mine?

Yeah! I sent an email back

swg1619
Enthusiast
Maybe a little late with this response but nevertheless, I have printed and everything was perfect. Had to use Canon paper because I couldn't add Red River profile but it came out perfectly.

swg1619
Enthusiast
You don't need to add it. Just look in your preferences under printers. It should be there. Let me know how you make out. swg1619@msn.com

Yes it shows up when I go to add it as  printer under preferences/printers however it won't let me complete the printer "add" (add button is greyed out) unless "I choose a driver" or "select a software" under the "Use" drop down.  Otherwise it is not listed under the printers.

swg1619
Enthusiast
Aren't you printing through software?

swg1619
Enthusiast
If I remember correctly, and I'm using it to print photos through Luminar, is that you only need to connect it. It's the only work around. Since it's a 32 bit printer and Catalina is only for 64 bit you won't be able to add it in that way. If you are printing through any program though, it should show up when you print a photo through Photos, Luminar or other programs

Thanks so much - I don't have Luminar but will try this work around by printing through Photos.  I can see if it works through Lightroom as well...

swg1619
Enthusiast
Let me know! I think as long as you are attached, when you go to print, you’ll get the printer showing and will be able to print.
Announcements