cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Firmware for Panorama Prints on imagePROGRAF-PRO1000

phildeman
Contributor

I know the imagePROGRAF-PRO1000 does not come equiped with a rolling mechanism for roll paper.  And I know that printer doesn't support prints larger than 17"x25?".  However, it would be great if Canon updates the firmware for the imagePROGRAF-PRO1000 to support panoramas.  I can cut the paper to the desired size.  I just need to print a panorama size of my choice.

This is a very good printer, but it needs to be able to print panoramas.  Please update the firmware to support panorama printing.

20 REPLIES 20

Can I just confirm how you feed the printer such large paper sizes? Is it with the rear tray and do you have to manually hold it so it doesn't bend? Thanks!

I have not made any panorama images with my Pro-1000, even though it can now make prints up to 1200mm in length. So I'm not sure which of the two feeders to use. I suspect that it depends more on the thickness of the paper being used. If it's 300gsm or less use the top feeder, if greater than 300gsm use lower feeder - as you do with cut sheets.

Then you have to just cut a long piece from a roll of paper & I guess manually hold it up so as not to bend it as it feeds through while being printed. Not unlike holding sheets of dough as they pass through a pasta maker!

Not ideal but at least possible now with the (fairly) new firmware. I heard Canon may make a roller holder for this model. But probably more likely a Pro-1100 might come out in due course.

All best with it.

Just to add to my previous reply, when you go to print a panorama, the printer itself might specify which feeder to use. As I haven't tried it myself, i don't know if it will or not. In this case, it may be best to ring Epson & ask them. Pls write back & let us know.

Sorry, ring Canon!!

Thanks for the response, I've got the pritner arriving in the next couple of weeks, i'll let you know!

Thanks, all best!

Can report back that I just printed my first panorama with it, I put the largest size paper it could handle through (or very close to) which was 43cm x 119cm. I printed it on hahnemuhle photo rag 308 that I cut from a 17" roll and fed it through the manual feeder. Made an extension for the feeder using foamboard - a dodgy one - but it worked! Very happy with the output.

Excellent glad it worked well. When the print is emerging from the output tray, how do you handle that length as it's going through?

Thanks for letting us know!

I have the printer setup on one end of a table facing down the length of the table so that any longer prints just fall on to the table after they have gone past the tray. I have a cutting mat down there which doubles as a smooth surface for the prints to slide across

Good system! I wish I had the space to do that too! Thanks for the update.

Announcements