cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips and Hints for a new Pro 10

bzens
Apprentice

Yesterday I went to my favorite camera store, and they had a screaming deal on the Pixma Pro 10. I bought it even tho I went in there just looking for gift ideas for my friends.   So, it is now sitting under the Christmas tree, and my wife won't let me open it for two days.  However, that did not prevent me from going onto this forum and reading several of the posts, regarding both the Pro 10 and Pro 100 to see what I've got.  Unfortunately, now my head is REALLY spinning!

After spending an hour or two going thru posts, I thought I'd like to ask for your ideas as to what to do, expect, buy, etc when I bust open the box.  A couple questions, comment and observations...

Calibrating my monitors:  Yes, I know they su.... are bad, but do I have to spend a couple hundred bucks to buy calibration equipment?

Paper:  My God, I didn't know there were so many papers, and that it really mattered!  My thoughts are to start with the Canon papers and experiment with smaller sizes to see what comes out.  BTW, what the heck are ICC numbers for paper or media, and what does it matter?

Settings:  Printing from Photoshop,or the Canon ap.  What settings work best within them? (I have PS CS6.)

Software/Downloads:  What would I need?

Other Stuff:  What other hints, speed bumps, etc should I expect down the road with this printer?

I shoot primarily outdoor stuff or business (construction) pics, and am not a professional photographer. (Altho I am **bleep** good!) At this point in time, my Pics will not be sold, but distributed to friends, family, etc, but I am VERY picky as to how they look. Here's what I have:

Canon 5D Mark III

Adobe CS6 Production Premium (Including Photoshop CS6)

Edit on a Windows 10, Dual Monitor system.

Your suggestions here are very welcome.

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The on-screen manual addresses much of this. Plus if you install Print Studio Pro it installs two informative PDFs. 

See this:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Is-there-a-pdf-version-of-the-users-ma...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOQmT0jZQY

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements