cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer?

limvo05
Rising Star

Hello,

I am looking into getting a color printer for my photos.

Wondering if anyone could give me some ideas and suggestions on which printer to purchase? I was looking at 

Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer.

Thank you,

LV

16 REPLIES 16

I have thought of sending to the labs, that said, I was told when you print with your own printer, you can configure the brightness, etc. so that the printer would match what being shown on the screen. I don't know if these labs would do that?

Any labs that you would recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LV

While it is possible that the printercali ration is off, it isn’t common (from my experience). 

Most commonly, if you find your prints are too dark it’s because your screen is too bright and you are adjusting your prints based on the monitor. 

Download ads this test image and follow the guidance in the article. 

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

vander
Contributor

I have not use it yet but the price seems okay with all its desirable features according to the positive reviews about it. I think it's a good buy.

PhotosByNeva
Enthusiast
I was amazed the first time I printed out a picture from this printer. The colors are beautiful! I use the recommended paper Platinum Pro Luster.
I love my pro-100

franksgym
Apprentice
I was chatting with Canon & they said metalic paper will not work on Canon pro100 printer

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Perhaps that depends on how one defines metallic paper.

I use and get excellent prints using Red River and Hahnemuehle metallic papers. These are papers with a metallic surface appearance. Its not printing on metal.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

franksgym
Apprentice
Thanks for the tip
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements