cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing PIXMA Pro 9000 mark II to macOS Monterey version 12.1

garrett_no
Apprentice

I am having trouble disabling the 'printer corrects colors' as advised in photoshop. Prints are quite washed out. I'm using Moab Entrada rag natural 190g as a paper, which I'm new to. Any settings advice would be graciously accepted!

9 REPLIES 9

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi garrett_no,

The PIXMA PRO9000 Mark II is not supported with macOS v12 Monterey.  The last version of OSX that is compatible is macOS v10.13 High Sierra. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

GraphicDesign
Apprentice

I am extremely disappointed with Canon for not upgrading a driver for macOS Monterey. I called Canon and the rep told me they offer a 10% discount to "trade up," so a new printer will cost me $540. Canon is telling me to just dispose of a perfectly good printer and rather large investment. That is a complete waste of perfectly good materials. Not a good option, Canon!! The rep also LIED to me saying they have to wait for Apple to send the driver. Please Canon, where is your integrity? Do the right thing and update the driver so a perfectly good printer can work with the latest Mac operating system. If you don't, you have just lost what was a loyal customer.

I had the same problem. My old computer died and I had to get a new one. But the macOs Monterey was not compatible! I was so upset! I love my printer. A friend suggested I try using a USB-C to USB Adapter and it works!!! The adapter can be purchased for less than $ 20.00. Hope this helps!

Wow! Thank you for posting this. I’m going to give it try! 

not sure how that will help? I can already plug it in and power it on – it is the driver/software that is not compatible

gotta1der
Apprentice

I’m in the same boat. I have a perfectly wonderful 9000 MK II that no longer functions with OS Monterey. With global warming and excess waste, you’d expect a corporation like Canon not to contribute to these issues. I, too, am ready to unload all my Canon gear and go with a different company altogether, including my camera and canon glass. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It is the user's responsibility to verify compatibility with hardware before upgrading an operating system.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Of course it is. But my laptop died and I bought a new one. That doesn’t relieve the manufacturer of acting responsibly especially when there’s a chip shortage and colloidal waste. 

Collosal waste

Announcements