cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling getting colors right on Pro-200

JonV
Apprentice

New to the group, I am hoping someone can help.  I have read all related posts with the Pro-200, but not finding a solution to my problem.

Just purchased a Pro-200 to begin printing photographs at home. First few test prints coming out are darker than I expect them, and I am having difficulty understanding why. I have recalibrated my monitor (twice), and images are still printing darker or bluer then I expect.

Details on my setup;

Mac running OS Ventura, printer connected via wifi. I downloaded all setup and drivers from Canon site to ensure I had the latest. Printing from Lightroom (also tried same image from Photoshop), using RedRiver ProLustre paper and their ICC. Similar results when printing using Canon lustre paper and HP gloss paper, letting printer manage colors.

I downloaded the PrinterEvaluationImage that I have seen shared on this forum a few times, imported and printed from LR (using RR ICC), and image is definitely off. Greens do not look right and grey scale is clearly off, almost looks blue-ish.

I printed PrinterEvaluationImage from Professional Print & Layout, again using RR ICC, and image is much better, closer to what I expect....suggesting something in my LR/PS configuration??

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. I will try to assist.

1. have you run a nozzle check? Do the results look correct?

Canon Knowledge Base - Printing a Nozzle Check Pattern from a Mac - PRO-200

Have you confirmed that you have the Canon IJ Series driver installed and not the Apple AirPrint driver?

Screenshot 2023-08-24 073639.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In Lightroom, very that you selected the correct ICC profile in the right side and then when you select Printer button verify that you selected the correct Canon media type.

It should happen automatically, but verify that ColorSync is selected and grayed out in Color Options.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 7.44.29 AM.png

I have read that there is a problem with Ventura printer system that resets some settings. I don't normally print from my MacBook, but I will run a test print to see what I get.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It's not a perfect test, since I have a Pro-100 and have to use PSP since PP&L isn't compatible with the Pro-100. I printed using LrC  and then using PSP with the appropriate Red River Paper ICC profile and Canon media type. Used M2 MacBook Air with Ventura. Both prints were the same and correct looking.

If you don't get it sorted out you could register your printer on the Canon support site and then request Canon support help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

JonV
Apprentice

Thanks John.  Despite having downloaded and installing the latest driver, when adding the printer, Ventura was defaulting to the Airprint driver.  I thought I had checked that before, apparently I missed it. I had to drop and re-add the printer manually, as there was no way to override the driver selection otherwise. Once I verified the correct driver is now in place, test prints look much much better.  The green's and yellow's appear to be a bit dark still, however I am hoping I can resolve with some minor adjustments.  Appreciate the assist.

Announcements