cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smudges on the back of my prints (PRO 1000)

Synestesi
Apprentice

Hi!
I have this problem that I always get smudges on the back side of my prints. Any tips? I get on all my prints regarless of paper type.

395702146_861615265288968_6792289849577937438_n.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

If you look inside the printer where the automatic sheet feed is, you'll see ink pads that are full of ink. Those will always have ink on them as that's where ink goes with borderless printing, and it ends up in the maintenance tank, but sometimes it can get onto the plastic ridges between them. You can carefully clean those, and that will help. 

There is also a setting in the LCD panel. Various settings -> Device settings -> print settings -> prevent paper abrasion. Set this to "on". Sometimes that helps too. 

Thank you I will try this :)!

You could also try:

Screenshot 2023-10-31 082702.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks I will try this 🙂

Did you ever find a solution? I tried both turning on "prevent paper abrasion" and cleaning the bottom plate and I'm still getting streaks every few prints, especially after a dark print. I'm using Canon matte photo paper.

I’d like to know too 🙂 I still have the issue above.

SJord
Apprentice

This happens to me all the time too. It’s always after a few prints especially if it’s a full bleed without borders, I don’t know how to avoid or rectify this, have you managed? 

jrsforums
Contributor

That’s why I never print borderless.  Print on larger sheet and use Rotatrim

click here to view the gallery
Announcements