cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro9000 Replacement Suggestions

jeremiah1946
Apprentice

My Pro9000 just died after several years of great service. I need a replacement with similar qualities: wide format (print up to 12x12), multiple-sheet rear feed (is this called the auto-feed?), ability to use 8.5 x 5.5 or similar custom settings as well as 8.5 x 11 document printing, duplexing available. My primary, but not exclusive) use is to create greeting cards, using a variety of cardstock. I've been frantically searching and my brain is whirling.

The Product Assistant tells me that the Pixma Pro 10 and 100 do not support 8.5 x 11 document printing, a size I use. But they fall into my price range. Not interested in the $1000 range.

Any suggestions for a replacement greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

:The Product Assistant tells me that the Pixma Pro 10 and 100 do not support 8.5 x 11 document printing, a size I use. "

I guess I don't understand what is meant by "document printing" yje Pro-100 prints to LTR size paper.

2018-12-12.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The PRO-10 and PRO-100 do both support printer on 8.5 x 11" paper (standard "letter" size).  

You also mentioned you wanteed "duplex".  I'm not aware of any of the Canon professional photo inkjet printers (PIXMA PRO-100, PRO-10, ImagePROGRAF series, etc.) that support duplexing.

Duplexing is a feature more common in office & home-office inkjets.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements