cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust the toner low error on an imageCLASS LBP1538C II?

roodavis
Apprentice

We recently replaced all of our classroom printers. We have 11 of the LBP1538C II printers and they are driving me and my users crazy.

The printers start displaying low toner warnings at 40%. So of course as expected, not recommended, but, users are users, I start getting helpdesk tickets, text messages, emails, panic calls, etc. "Printer needs toner!!"

We have several tools in place to make sure that printers never run out of toner, FMAudit that informs our supplier to ship a new toner cartridge at 20%, alerts to tell our building techs when said toner has shipped. Upon arrival the replacement toner is stored next to the printer and additional alerts are sent to the building techs at 2%.

So I would like to adjust the printer settings to only show the "Low Toner Error" when the toner is below 5%. I was able to adjust this setting on my 40 LBP325 printers, but so far our Canon vendor's tech support reply has been "That cannot be adjusted on that model printer." SO I get requests for new printers daily on printers that are less than three months old. The only information or discussions I have found are of the "me too" variety, nothing helpful. Attempts to contact an actual Canon tech support person all circle me back to this community. Any suggestions or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Rick Davis

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements