cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF654Cdw printing with blue box when it should be transparent

farrugdv
Apprentice

There is a blue box around any image when it is placed on top of another image when printed on my Canon ImageCLASS MF654Cdw. Everything indicates the background is transparent on Word and print preview looks fine and it prints fine on an HP Envy 4520. The example below is a logo on top of a rectangle filled in grey on Microsoft word. All of the negative space of the logo prints blue even though it should be transparent and show the gray behind. If, instead of an image of a rectangle filled in gray, I just make the entire background gray, the printer prints it fine without the blue, but if it is an image on top of another image it messes up. Are there some settings on the printer I can adjust to correct this? Or perhaps a driver update I am not aware of? Just purchased the printer yesterday.

IMG_8154.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, farrugdv!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

farrugdv
Apprentice

It is Windows 11. I have tried printing in Microsoft Word and tried saving as a PDF or jpeg and it still appears transparent on screen but then prints with the blue box. I have also tried multiple different images and it happens with all of them.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements