cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Premium Matte Paper: Margin limited to 30mm...Why?

lamontg
Contributor

I am attempting to print on the Canon Pro Premium Matte paper and it seems that Canon constrains the margins to a minimum of 30mm. The Custom button is grayed out in Print Studio Pro. I have also tried to get around this in Lightroom 6 (by not using Print Studio Pro), but when I send the photo to my Canon Pixma Pro-100 the printer driver informs me that the 30mm margin will be imposed.

Is there any way to get around this limit? If not, does anyone know why Canon imposes this limit (especially on a smaller letter-sided paper? Thanks for the help from anyone more knowledgeable.

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 8.10.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-21 at 8.10.14 AM.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When printing on Fine Art Paper, the printer will place a border around the image.  This is because Fine Art Paper may have a tendency to curl as ink hits the paper, resulting in paper jams.

If you need additional assistance or details about media type settings for your printer, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Select Letter Paper and Matte Photo Paper, not Fine Art Paper and Premium Matte.

The 30mm is hard wired into all Fine Art Paper settings.

For larger prints I like the matte effect offered by the border and use A3+ 30 for all papers. 

I agree it is too much on letter size.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When printing on Fine Art Paper, the printer will place a border around the image.  This is because Fine Art Paper may have a tendency to curl as ink hits the paper, resulting in paper jams.

If you need additional assistance or details about media type settings for your printer, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael, thank you for our reply.

: )

The number prefixes are quality settings. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you John!

Is there further explanantion somewhere of what these quality numbers mean?... so would a prefix of "3" mean that it's printed at 9x the quality of a prefix of "1/3"?

I am new to the Pro-100 and Canon paper and seems that some of this information is difficult to find in any of the Canon documentation -- so I am thankful of other users that are willing to help.

: )

~Lamont

You can select Matte Photo Paper as media type and then select Minimize Paper Abrasion in the driver. 

This will avoid the 30mm margin. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you again John for the reply.
I have since looked through the printer (driver) settings available in Print Studio Pro with Pro Premium Matte Photo paper selected and have not been able to find the "Minimize Paper Abrasion" setting.

Hello Michael or other Canon podcut expert (official or otherwise) -

I have a Pixma Pro-100 and I want to circumvent the 30mm border limit for art paper.  Trust me, I have good reasons.

Please let me know how to do this. 

Thank you,

Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBPUuyh8g08

Scroll to 2:47

Requires Qimage.

I tried it and it works on W10 machine. Used Canon Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte A3+.

Annotation 2019-09-17 114158.jpg

Printed as shown; excellent B&W print.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements