cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 9500 Mark II - profile for HR-101N paper

loose_canon
Contributor

I can't figure ut which profile to use when printing to Canon HR101N paper from my Canon Pro 9500 Mark II printer.

Surely it must be obvious given this is a Canon paper, but I can't find the profile. It doesn't seem to have been installed with the standard software and profiles for Pro 9500 Mark II. Where can Iget it ? Or am I supposed to use one of the other profiles? If so which one?

Also in the printer settings there is no mention of this paper. I seem to get results, not good but fair, using "Plain Paper" as the output in Print Settings and "Matte Photo Paper" as the profile. But it makes no sense that actual settings for this actual Canon paper are completely left out by this printer.

Please help. (Windows 10)

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

For whatever reason its not listed as compatible with that printer:

2017-12-21.png

You could probably select a media type with a similar surface, like Matte Photo Paper.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes that seems totally mad. I wonder why?

Anyway selecting Matte Photo Paper as media type and as profile gives a very bad result, colours are totally wrong

thanks

Is there an “Other Photo Paper” option?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, it creates much wider margins than plain paper though

BillS
Mentor

Hi loose_canon,

While high resolution paper is supported by the PIXMA Pro-1/10/100, it is not supported by the Pro9000/9500 series printers.  I'm afraid that plain paper will be the closest match to HR paper, or you can create a custom ICC profile based on the Pro-10 model.

I regret any inconvenience.

loose_canon
Contributor
Thanks. Why is it not supported - what's wrong with it? Surely I'm not the only person in the world who wants to use this paper with this printer - has anyone created a custom profile already who will share it? I don't have a colorimeter
Announcements