cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 9000 Mark II not printing green

RScott
Contributor

For some reason, my Pro 9000 Mark II is not printing green from my computer. I have tried cleaning the printheads, and the test page prints out well. The green on the test page looks fine. However, my file prints the greens as blue. I am printing from Windows 7. I tried an illustrator file and a PDF. I can't figure out why the test page works, but my greens in my printout from my computer do not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
OK. Since you have Photoshop download and install Print Studio Pro form the Canon site. It's a free Plugin for PS. If that doesn't print the test print properly then you will need to call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Actually, just call them now. I have always found them helpful.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try printing this test image and see what happens.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

This image prints out very cool. It is all pinks, purples, and blues without any yellows, oranges, or greens. Even the grays come out purple.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What software are you printing from? Are you possibly double profiling? Choosing a profile in the software and not turning off color matching in the printer driver?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I do not know how to turn color matching in the printer drive on or off. All I know is that it was previously printing fine a few days ago, and now it is not. I printed the image you linked to from photoshop, but other things I have tried printing have been from Illustrator and a PDF file.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
OK. Since you have Photoshop download and install Print Studio Pro form the Canon site. It's a free Plugin for PS. If that doesn't print the test print properly then you will need to call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Actually, just call them now. I have always found them helpful.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi RScott - what was the resolution? It might help someone else.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Basically, I had to install an updated driver and then install Print Studio Pro for Photoshop. I still haven't had a chance to try printing from other programs again yet, but at least things from Photoshop are working now. Hopefully I will be able to print from other programs like I was before too.

You should have no problem. PSP doesn't do anything special; it just throws the right "switches". The important thing is to be sure youy arfen't double-profiling. Just select the paper ICC profile in your application and be sure to select Color Matching -> None in the printer driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

How do I get to the printer driver?
Announcements