cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100s printing blues too dark

JT75
Apprentice

I've just bought the Pro 100s (previously used Pixma ix6850). I don't print photos, but use it for graphics/illustrations prints. I use matt photo paper. I'm printing from Photoshop.

The problem is the blues are printing out too dark and muddy. The other colours are fine.

I've read through various posts online about colours in general printing too dark. I've tried different things suggested (ensuring correct profile set, setting Photoshop to manage colours, checked black point compensation, set matching to none, etc). Nothing helps.

The matt photo paper I'm using isn't Canon, it's from another company. They don't provide an ICC profile, but advise which settings to use. I've ruled out this to be a problem by testing a sheet of the sample Canon Pro Platinum that came with the printer, and using the correct paper settings. The colour problems are exactly the same.

The blues always printed fine from my old printer, it was the greys that were the problem! I don't have monitor callibration software, and not sure that would help as I'm not printing photos and my colours were printing ok from my old printer.

My tech knowledge is very limited, so any advice needs to be in idiot's guide form please.

Thanks in advance

Joanne

6 REPLIES 6

JT75
Apprentice

pro100colourtest.jpg

pro100snozzlecheck.jpg

So no one can help then?

Its a little hard to tell from the image, but it looks like your PC test block is darker than your C.

Verify that you haven't switched the locations of the PC and C ink cartridges.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No, the PC and C are installed correctly.

On the nozzle check print the PC is just a different shade of blue, not really lighter than C.

Thanks

I don't have that problem with my Pro-100 when I print the Outback test image. If the inks are installed correctly and you have the current driver (downloadd from the Canon support site) perhaps its printer variation.

You could print a test pattern and find the adjustment that gives you the look you like best.

2017-12-01 (2).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Penstrom
Apprentice
Did you ever get the dark blue issue figured out? Im struggling with the same thing with this printer. 100% cyan from Illustrator, photoshop, or indesigns comes out dark teal.
Announcements