cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 error message: "Cannot print. The paper widths do not match."

Oldshooter1
Contributor

I've set the paper size to A3+ in the page setup window of Lightroom, and set A3+ in the control panel of my Pro 1000. I click on "Print," the paper shoots out blank, and the error message above appears in the control panel window.   I've checked and rechecked, turned the printer off and on again, but no cigar.

Anybody have an idea what to do next?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hello Oldshooter1,

I understand when you are attempting to print 13x19 (A3+) paper you are receiving an error message, "The paper widths do not match," although the paper widths are set correctly. To troubleshoot this issue adjust and set the media settings on the printer to a different type and size, turn the printer off for approximately one minute. Turn the unit back on and adjust and set the media type and size back to what you are planning to print and print your planned image. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Caemene
Rising Star

Hello Oldshooter1,

I understand when you are attempting to print 13x19 (A3+) paper you are receiving an error message, "The paper widths do not match," although the paper widths are set correctly. To troubleshoot this issue adjust and set the media settings on the printer to a different type and size, turn the printer off for approximately one minute. Turn the unit back on and adjust and set the media type and size back to what you are planning to print and print your planned image. 

Hi, Caemene,

Thanks a million.  Bingo.  Printing happily away now.

Cheers,

Oldshooter

I've done this (several times) and it does not work. I want to perform color calibration. Mac Sonoma 14.2.1, latest Canon driver on Prograf Pro-1000

You could try two things:

1. disable "Detect paper Width" in the driver.

2. set a custom paper size using the exact width of A3+ (13x19) which is 12.97 inches.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 080644.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

elizamcnally
Apprentice
Your advice worked perfectly the first time this happened but not now. The closest paper size on both Photoshop and the Canon pro-1000 printer is 14 x 17. I’ve already made fice prints on this paper so ai know it works! What now???

Hi elizamcnally,

What size and type of paper are you printing with?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mor10
Apprentice

I have a similar problem. I am trying to print on 11x14 paper, but since that does not exist in the driver, I use A3 instead. Then set it to ignore paper width setting, but whatever I do it still gives me the paper width do not match error.

Announcements