cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1000 . How to schedule prints while on vacation?

fbuitrag
Contributor

Hi All, 

Not sure if this is the right forum. I got the pro-1000 and I print at least 1 photo/day in order to prevent the printer from running cleaning cycles (to save ink). I am leaving for vacation and wonder if there is a way to send daily prints in a schedule while I am away ? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Look ino the program Qimage Ultimate

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Guints
Apprentice

Did you ever find an answer to this. I'm looking to purchase a Pro-1000 for occasional use and researching if print head parking and clean on start up is an option or I had the same thought of programming a print per day is an option?

Hi,

While there is no program that will perform this option, so long as you print at least once a month, there should be no issue with the ink clogging in the PRO-1000. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also recommend Qimage 

Nick55
Enthusiast

Why not disconnect and unplug your printer?
My PRO-300 remains at our one house. When leaving I take my 27” iMac to other location. It may sit for a month. Come back and connect no problem. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If this is important to you, I'd set up the ability to log into my home network remotely and print something periodically.  For security, I'd use VPN or some type of secure remote access software.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements