Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Pro-100 won't start - Power Supply tests OK

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what steps to take. I have a Canon Pixma Pro-100 that is completely unresponsive. I've tried all the usual steps - disconnecting power, holding the power button for extended time. Yesterday I had the power supply removed from the printer and tested. It is working fine. The power lines read 8 volts in sleep mode and 32 volts in wake mode. I have an idea it might be the print head because it was unplugged for a few weeks before this problem started. However, without power I can't remove the print head for cleaning.
Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pro-100 won't start - Power Supply tests OK

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll call them again and see if they will help.
New Contributor

Just a quick update. Called Canon support but they are unable to help. Apparently the information I am looking for is available only to authorized service centers and since the nearest service center is over 1000 km away, the advice I have been given by Canon help line is toss it and buy a new Canon printer. Good solution for Canon -- not so much for me.
At this point I am continuing my search for a solution to this problem.
I will keep you updated if I get more information. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.