cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 won't print 4 colors

jeannie3200
Apprentice

My Canon Pro-100 wont print four of the colors. The cartridges have a lot of ink in them; I've cleaned and deep cleaned mutiple times to no avail. Help, please!

Here's what the test shows (nothing where the 4 colors should be):

IMG_7198.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you--will do!

Hello Jeannie-

I saw your post and I had the same problem!  I tried calling but I haven't been able to get through.  Could you share how/if your problem was fixed?

Thank you!
Elena

Try reseating the print head.

Canon Knowledge Base - Reinstall the Print Head - PIXMA PRO-10, PRO-100

I suggest, once you get things sorted out, that you go into the printer dirver and set the Auto Power off setting to disable. Leave the printer powered on and let it wake when you send something to be printed.

If you power the printer down, whenever you re-power it it will go through a clean/purge cycle which consumes a lot of ink. 

The printer has an internal timer that controls cleaning cycles based on the last time it printed.

1. less than 60 hours no cleaning.

2. 60-120 hours one level of cleaning

3. 120-240 hours a stronger cleaning

4. greater than 240 hours maximum cleaning

I have had my printer since 2013. I have it powered on continuously since it is wifi connected to one of our computers. I have never experienced it initiating a cleaning cycle all on its own, even though it may have been weeks between printing evolutions. It will run through a cycle once I send something to the printer.

Another suggestion: I let the printer run until it automatically stops printing with the red x warning about an empty cartridge. At that point I replace that cartridge and any other cartridge that might be showing an exclamation point.

The reason for this is that each time a cartridge is replaced the printer runs a purge cycle that operates on all eight cartridges, even though only one might have been replaced. When you have exclamation point cartridges showing you can get into the "domino effect" where the purge cycle lowers that cartridge to where now it needs to be replaced and so on.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi there-

I found your post from last year.  My Pro-100 won't rpint 4 colors either!  I have been on hold with Canon for forever and was hoping you could tell me how they helped you.  I have a Mac and I think I just messed up a simple setting... even redownloated the driver.  No luck.

Your help would be great!

Thank you!

Elena

if its no longer in warranty, take out the print head place on paper towel, and where the four nozzles that wont print drip windex [original formula with ammonia] on them let sit for a while and see if the clogs dissappear..ink will bleed onto your papertowel.....make sure your using oem inks or if 3rd party at least precision colors or octoinkjet but i would not use any other 3rd party inks or you may have more clog problems...you have to always leave the printer turned on because it will cycle cleanings each 60 hours whether you print or not to keep from getting clogs...if yoiu leave it turned off also print at least once each 5 days to be sure to keep the head clean and no clogs....if none of that works you will have to buy another printhead

Announcements