cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 printing blank pages with print studio pro

JakeWangner
Apprentice

I made 7 prints yesterday using PSP and my pro-100. I left it on overnight to pick up on printing more in the morning. When I came in to my office the computer had restarted itself and closed photoshop. Now when I try to print the same exact job, it just feeds and spits out a blank page quickly. I ran a test pattern and none of the nozzles are clogged, and I can print normally anywhere other than print studio pro. Any idea how to fix? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I used this as an excuse to try out the Qimage plugin and it worked. So it's certainly an issue with PSP which your comment would further confirm. I guess I'll be switching over to Qimage.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You have a Mac? It updated the OS overnight. It restarted the computer. If that's true you probably need to reinstall your printer and driver. Just a guess.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I'm on a PC with windows 10. I see it also just updated though, so I'll give this a try. Thank you! 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Well it doesn't affect Windows as badly as it does a Mac but sometimes it does present a problem. Say going from WIn 10 to Win 11 there has been some issues.

Still a removing of and reinstalling the proper print driver is a good thing to try. You may have to do the same for the Canon software also.

EB

No luck. I removed and reinstalled the printer, drivers and PSP, same issue persists. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Call Canon support 1 (800) 652-2666

EB

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have the same problem with LrC and PSP. Printing directly from LrC works fine.

W10.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I used this as an excuse to try out the Qimage plugin and it worked. So it's certainly an issue with PSP which your comment would further confirm. I guess I'll be switching over to Qimage.

frank1crayon
Apprentice

I spoke with Canon Support and we solved my problem with PSP. I have three printer drivers on my PC: Canon PRO-100 series XPS, Canon PRO-100 series WS, and Canon PRO-100 series. The XPS driver, the one I've used for years and the one now spitting paper, was the culprit. We changed to the plain Canon PRO-100 series and it works fine.

@frank1crayon wrote:

I spoke with Canon Support and we solved my problem with PSP. I have three printer drivers on my PC: Canon PRO-100 series XPS, Canon PRO-100 series WS, and Canon PRO-100 series. The XPS driver, the one I've used for years and the one now spitting paper, was the culprit. We changed to the plain Canon PRO-100 series and it works fine.

It will allow printing, but according to canon it should work with the XPS driver, and the XPS driver should provide better output. The problem appears to lie with some recent updates to the Windows 10 software since it worked for years for me as well until recently.

Screenshot 2023-01-03 151516.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements