cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100, can't print 8x10 on Pro Luster

johnksr
Contributor

Everybody wants 8x10 prints and I have a Pro 100 and lot of Pro Luster 8.5x11. When I select 8x10 size, Pro Luster paper does not show as a paper choice. Is there a way to get Pro Luster to show as a paper choice or do I have to select semi gloss, which appears to be the closest option.

Also there isn't even an 11x14 print size option either.

I don't mind printing these sizes on larger paper then trimming off the blank paper.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad I could be of help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is a difference between paper size and image size. You said you have Pro Luster 8.5x11, so that is the paper size you should select.

If you want, for exmple, an 8x10 print with a 1/4 inch border crop your image to 7.5x9.5. Then print and trim.

2019-06-15.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

What I have been doing with the Glossy II paper is feed in 8.5x11 paper but select 8x10 print, and I get a full 8x10.

I cannot get a full 8x10 with Pro Luster, because that paper type is not available when I select an 8x10 print size.

Also it seems that there is no 11x14 print size option anywhere.

How do I print an 11x14. Do I have to play with border sizes?

What software are you using. As I showed, you can set gthe cell size in Lightroom.

If you want a borderless 8x10 set the cell size to 8x10.

2019-06-16.png

11x14 is not a standard size for Canon paper, so you would set a Custom Size in the driver:

2019-06-16 (1).png

Here is how to print borderless 11x14

https://www.redrivercatalog-dot-com/infocenter/tips/how-to-print-11x14-borderless-canon-inkjet-print...

I can't directly post the link becasue of forum rules, but just change "-dot-" to "."

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have been using the Canon quick menu that came with the printer.

I'm in my 70s and take a lot of pictures, and am a huge fan of simple.  I thought the software that came with the printer would suit my needs. I was hoping to avoid purchasing a piece of software, that appears intimidating, and spend hours learning to use. Unfortunatly I guess I'm going to have to step out of my comfort zone and get a copy of Lighthouse so I can get the results I want.

"I'm in my 70s and take a lot of pictures"  Ditto hereSmiley Happy

I don't use Quick menu, but I did try to do what you want to achieve. It looks like it might do what you want.

I selected letter size paper, Pro Luster and 8x10 in Layout.

2019-06-16 (2).png

Are you using a Canon camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I tried selecting letter size (8.5x11) then Pro Luster, but I don'tknow how to select 8x10 in layout. Actually I can't find layout. LOL

Obviously I'm not very well versed on Quick Menu.

I'm currently usig a Canon Rebel T5 with 55-250 lens, but I'm lookng to upgrade my camera and I don't think it will be to another Canon. I'm looking at the Nikon D500 and the Fugi X-T3. I shoot mainly sports and need the high FPS. I also considered going to 4K video and extracting a single frame, but I'm not sure how that will work out and I don't know anybody who is doing that who can advise me on how well it works.

Look at my screenshot above. In the third radio button you select 8x10. It is highlighted.

Maybe you neeed to download canon Easy Photo Print EX.

2019-06-16 (3).png

In my Quick Menu it is right abobe the icon in the lower right corner.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I downloaded EZ PhotoPrint 4.7. I had a much older version. I can now do it in EZ PhotoPrint, but I can't figureout how to do it in Canon My Photo Garden.

BTW, My Quick Menu looks different than yours. I don't have the icon you are pointng to.

Guess I could do my printing from EZ Print.I just thought that I would get a better print if I used the software supplied with the prnter.

It appears tha I can't print an 11x14 using EZ Photo either.

What version of Quick Menu do you have. Mine is 2.8.5. 

What software do you use for photo editing. 

You won’t find 11x14 in any Canon software since it is not a standard size for Canon. You need to set it as a custom size. I don’t think the basic craft oriented software like My Image Garden will allow custom sizes. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements