cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 and Canson-Infinity Baryta Photographique

Guidelines
Apprentice

Anyone have success with this combination? I read many good things about this paper and bought a full pack along with a Canson Sampler. I should have bought the sampler first.

The weird thing is Baryta Photographique is the only paper in the entire sampler pack that gives lousy results. It's as if there is a milky white coating sitting over the picture. I'm getting richer blacks and more saturated colors from Rag Photographique - a matte paper! It's so bad, I was certain at first, I must be doing something wrong... but I've double-checked everything.

The good news is that I've found both Platine Fibre Rag and Baryta Prestige yield superior colors, saturation, and blacks -- though at a significantly greater cost that BP. (The resin coated papers in the sampler had fantastic color, but that's a very different look, of course.)

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have used it and gotten very good results.

Standard recommendstion - verify correct media type, ICC profile and be sure paper is loaded correctly. It is very hard to tell front from back with that paper. You can use the wet finger tip test - print side will be tacky to the touch.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I only recently purchased a Pro-100.

I'm currently using Canon papers.  I know Canson papers are highly regarded.  I've ordered some samplers to try.  

Canson ICC Profiles

@jrhoffman75 is one of the Pro-100 experts here in my opinon.

Edit...  I had walked away to take a call, and John already posted 

Man Wink

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements