cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 Only Prints Blank Pages

BPBear
Contributor

I'm only getting blank pages when printing to my Pro-100. Was getting good prints, and problem began with no 'warning signs.' All ink cartridges are full; have done all cleaning operations; latest print driver installed; test pages print blank; etc. Now I'm stuck. Help?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

welcome to the forum.

When you say you did all the cleaning operations, did you also do a nozzle check? Is that what is coming out blank?

Try reseating the print head.

Canon Knowledge Base - Reinstall the Print Head - PIXMA PRO-10, PRO-100

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for responding. 

I have tried reseating the Print Head, but to no effect. I'm not sure what you mean by 'a nozzle check.' By 'all the cleaning operations' I mean all four possibilities from within the print utility - cleaning, deep cleaning, roller cleaning, etc. The nozzles themselves 'look' pristine when I have the print head removed (for reseating). Also, for the record, all the ink cartridges are at least half full.

Note: the issue appeared 'all of a sudden' - one day I'm printing crisp images on art/note cards, and the next day when I turn on the printer, nothiing but blank pages.

Screenshot 2020-12-27 123201.jpg

Probably a long shot, but it would determine if its a printer hardware problem or a problem sending data to printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I missed that. I'm on a Mac, and the Print Utility presents somewhat differently. See below. Once I know to look, the drop down shows 'Test Print' and selecting that reveals the 'Nozzle Check.' 

But even when I run this check, I still get a blank page. So something fundamental with the Print Head seems out of whack.

Tx.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 9.59.32 AM.png

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I am having the same issue. I have updated my firmware and drivers, cleaned everything and still printing blank pages.. HELP!

The ultimate solution for me, after phone consultation with Canon Support, was that the print head was dead, caput. The only cost-effective option was to replace the printer. And, since the Pro-100 is out of production, I wound up with a Pro-200.

Announcements