cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100, Dell P2415W Display and Printing

dtwconsulting
Apprentice

All,

I am relatively new to the printing arena and I have a Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer which is setup on my MacBook Pro, running the latest OS.

I have two Dell P2415W displays that I use to mangle my photos, first in LR and afterwards in PS.

I have been trying to print out a couple of pictures but they always, always come out darker on the printer.  I have tried to let the Printer manage the colours and let PS manage the colours, nothing seems to get me close enough to a result that I feel is of the image on the screen. 

The Dell monitors are set to Standard preset modes, and I seem to recall that this was the best for photography, but I am going off memory.  I have not have the screens calibrated, don't have the equipment for it and don't want to fork out for it either.  I am hoping there is an easier solution that will get me printing photos that are close enough to what I am seeing on the screen.

Right now I am trying to print on A3+ Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi Gloss SG-201.

I have not been able to find any ICC profiles for these so even if I do let PS do the colour management I don't have an ICC to choose.

I'm really hoping that other people have gone through something similar and worked out a good solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum dtwconsulting.

I have sevral items to suggest to help you.

1. Go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners. Verify that you have the latest Canon IJ Series driver installed. It is 16.40.1.0. Even if you see that I recommend you reinstall it since sometimes macOS updates can mess up the driver.

2. Go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners. Verify that you have the Canon IJ Series version of the printer installed, and not the AirPrint version. It should say Canon Pro-100 series. If it doesn't say that select "+" button to add a printer. Wait for the Canon IJ Series to appear - it could take a few minutes.

3. Download the test image from this website. Import the image to LR and then print it. Do not make any adjustments to the image regardless of how it looks on the screen. Then view the print under the conditions you woud normally view prints - don't compare against screen yet.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

4. Come back and let us know how the print looks.

When you come back we can address the ICC profiles; they should be automatically installed by the driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum dtwconsulting.

I have sevral items to suggest to help you.

1. Go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners. Verify that you have the latest Canon IJ Series driver installed. It is 16.40.1.0. Even if you see that I recommend you reinstall it since sometimes macOS updates can mess up the driver.

2. Go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners. Verify that you have the Canon IJ Series version of the printer installed, and not the AirPrint version. It should say Canon Pro-100 series. If it doesn't say that select "+" button to add a printer. Wait for the Canon IJ Series to appear - it could take a few minutes.

3. Download the test image from this website. Import the image to LR and then print it. Do not make any adjustments to the image regardless of how it looks on the screen. Then view the print under the conditions you woud normally view prints - don't compare against screen yet.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

4. Come back and let us know how the print looks.

When you come back we can address the ICC profiles; they should be automatically installed by the driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for that. That helped.  I reinstalled the printer and ensured I had the right driver installed and now I can see the different profiles.  Printed the test print out and that looked fine.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
That’s great. Glad all is well.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements