cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-10 is printing colors incorrectly

sweetsequels
Contributor

I have a pro-10 and I use Lightroom Classic with the Canon Print Studio Pro plugin for my art prints. All of a sudden, the printer colors got way off - greens are looking very yellow. I printed a nozzle check test page and the colors look rather muted and the Photo Cyan bar looks more yellow than blue. The prints are totally unusable and look ridiculous with the colors like this. What do I do to correct this issue? 

I use the printer frequently and replace ink cartridges once to twice a month or so, but this is not a new ink cartridge and when I used the printer for art prints last night everything was perfect. 

TIA.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try reinstalling the printer driver. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I just tried reinstalling the driver and unfortunately that did not fix the issue.

"when I used the printer for art prints last night everything was perfect. "

So, do I understand that overnight things went from good to bad when you weren't using computer or printer?

Did your computer do an OS update or did anything strange happen like a power failure, voltage surge, etc.?

Maybe try unplugging the printer, hold in the power button for a few seconds and then reconnect power.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, I used the printer on Tuesday night and everything was working perfectly. When I went to print on it Wednesday night, the colors were horrible.

No power failure or system update. My computer is brand new so everything has recently been updated/installed within the last two weeks.

I disconnected the power cord and restarted my computer and the problem persists. 

Could it be an issue with the ink cartridge? It appears the only color affected is the Photo Cyan. I would hate to waste the ink if that isn't the issue (there is still about half a cartridge left), but I could switch it out if that might be the problem?

Two suggestions:

1. remove and replace all cartridges just to ensure they are fuklly seated

2. check the top of the PC cartridge and be sure that there isn't any remant clear sealing material. There is a vent hole on the top of the cartridge and it i possible that if not all the clear wrapping was removed the cartridge could stop flowing.

Then run a nozzle check again.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks! That fixed it.

Glad to help. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements