cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-10 firmware

camomo
Apprentice

Anyone successful update the firmware 2.031 on Pro-10 by USB-C MacBook Pro?

I'm using 2018 MBP, and had tried many time, the connection drop before the sending the firmware to printer.

Not sure is it the isseus of USB-C? I'm using Apple USB-C adapter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Canon-pro-100-firmware-upgrade-from-1...

See posting number 39. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its possible the PIN out of the adapter does not match or is correct for the FW update utility.

A different cable or computer might be the best way to solve.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

camomo
Apprentice
the PIN out of the USB-C to USB adapter?
I’ve tried 2 adapter, one is USB only, the other is USB and HDMI. Both have same result

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@camomo wrote:

Anyone successful update the firmware 2.031 on Pro-10 by USB-C MacBook Pro?

I'm using 2018 MBP, and had tried many time, the connection drop before the sending the firmware to printer.

Not sure is it the isseus of USB-C? I'm using Apple USB-C adapter.

It may be the same problem others have experienced. Is your current FW 1.1?

Canon has never officially reported anything on this forum, but on DPReview a poster reported a communication he had with Canon supoort in the EU that stated that FW 1.1 is the latest for printers with a certain PC board and later printers came with a different board at 2.0 series FW came on that printer.

Bottom line is many folks with Pro-100 or Pro-10 macOS or Windows get the same error message and failure to install.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

camomo
Apprentice
Thanks John
yes, my FW is 1.1. Let me check it again tonight, however I bought many years ago, so it should be the old type.
Do you have the link of DRPreview?

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Canon-pro-100-firmware-upgrade-from-1...

See posting number 39. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

camomo
Apprentice
thank you!
Announcements